Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

We gave a 15 year old bungee parakeet and he has lost his

Customer Question

We gave a 15 year old bungee parakeet and he has lost his webbed feed on one foot and the other foot is bad too. What can I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the parakeet's name?
Customer: Baby
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Baby?
Customer: I don't think so. I was told they never live this long. I am just worrying he is suffering. He does chirp a lot, but is having a lot of trouble moving around his cage.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

You're correct, Baby is long past life expectancy of 7-12 years. I'm not clear about "his webbed feet". Budgies don't have webbed feet. Can you upload a photo(s) of his feet to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate if I can see what you're seeing.