Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

I have a year old female New Zealand White rabbit. I have

Customer Question

I have a year old female New Zealand White rabbit. I have had her for two weeks now. The breeder bread her for me on 8/8. She made adjusted well to the transition to our home, or rather her hutch outside. I noticed yesterday she did not eat or drink. She is drinking from a dish now but still not eating. Now today I noticed she has a swelling in the inner corner of her right eye.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the rabbit's name?
Customer: I named her Leah.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the rabbit?
Customer: I purchased her as part of a meat pen. I have two other bunnies, a 12 week old buck and doe set as well. All three have their own hutches outside.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 7 months ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with over 40 years of experience raising and showing rabbits. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. If you still need help, some additional information will help me determine the best measures for you to take.

Has Leah still not eaten anything? What have you tried feeding her?

What do you normally feed her?

Has she been passing any droppings?

Thank you.