Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish

Pet rat ate tooth whitening gel

Customer Question

Pet rat ate tooth whitening gel
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

How much did Bowie eat?

What brand did he eat?

Do you kn ow the active ingredients?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for responding! It's called plus white 5 min speed whitening gel. He ate approx. a half a pee sized amount. Ingredients are glycerin, hydrogen peroxide, carbomer, sodium saccharin, potassium stannate, dysodium pyrophosphate, etidronicacid, and ammonium hydroxide. He seems to be breathing heavy and is suddenly excitable
Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

I cannot fond any Data on the toxicity of this product. We do know the Peroxide that is in it can case vomiting. In a case like this since there is no MSDS sheet which gives antedote and amount of toxicity to pets. Since there seems to be some issues going I am going to suggest the Pet Poison Hotline to see if they have an answer for you. They do have a charge, but may be able to pin point what can be done immediately to Help Bowie. This is the number:

1-855-764-7661. They should be able to advise on the other ingredients. and toxicity.

Expert:  Joan replied 2 months ago.

I am checking in on Bowie. I was very concerned since there was no Toxicity data on the Whitening Gel. Please let me know how Bowie is doing.