Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

A friend is watching my sisters ferrets while ahe is out of

Customer Question

A friend is watching my sisters ferrets while ahe is out of town. She just brought one to me. She is acting funny. Shes stumbling around and keeps curling her head backwards over her back. Shes always been super skinny and has had gland issues in the past. I know nothing of ferrets. Is something wrong and is there anything i can do?
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How old is she?

Has she had any access to toxins?

Has she been eating and drinking normally?

Any diarrhea?

Are her gums pink or pale/white (you can compare this to the others if need be)?