Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

He normally takes one half of a 12.5 mg in the morning I

Customer Question

He normally takes one half of a 12.5 mg in the morning I gave that dose this morning and instead of his enaprin I gave him 12.5 mg also tonight be wieghts a little over 8 lbs
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Dog
JA: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: He was playing fine he is sleeoing now this was 1 and a half hrs ago im worried about being to much for him
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No thats all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hi, JACustomer. Can you clarify what medication was given and when? I see they were both 12.5mg and it sounds like it should have been dosed once daily. Was 12.5mg enalapril given twice today?