PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My dwarf hamster was suck in a vacuum cleaner and she wasn't

Customer Question

My dwarf hamster was suck in a vacuum cleaner and she wasn't breathing and my dad started performing CPR on her and she started breathing again but she had blood on her nose but right now she is sleeping and breathing well but she has bump on her back and her legs aren't purple but she can't move them when she walks she drags them but her eyes are closed she open it once but right now she is resting but I am so worried this happen two hours ago what should I do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the hamster. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the hamster?
Customer: No I just need to now what should I do for now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

JACustomer, I am so sorry to hear this happened.

This type of injury is most often life threatening to a hamster. It's very possible that has either suffered a severe soft tissue injury or has a broken spine. She desperately needs to see a vet. Do you need help finding an ER location that can see her? If so, please post back your city, state and zip code and I'll work on finding someone who can help your little girl.

Checking in. How did your hamster do over the weekend?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?