Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate

My guinea pig's foot looks very dry and cracked and one leg

Customer Question

My guinea pig's foot looks very dry and cracked and one leg is shorter than the other
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No, but I just researched that it may be due to the wire cage. I pad it with bedding but he just pushes all the bedding down. Can I use Epsom salt to soak it?
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the guinea pig's name and age?
Customer: Fatty Boi and he's 3 months. He's growing really fast. But I wont be able to take him in until Friday and I want to do something to treat it til thwn
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Fatty Bao?
Customer: No. He eats nothing but veggies, occasional fruit, and doesn't move much
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: He normally stays in one area all the time since I got him
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

What type of bedding do you use?

Can you post a picture of the foot so I can have a visual of the foot for treatemt.

Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

Does he get any hay and pellets?

Any supplements?