Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts
The soap itself is likely to cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. However, the matches can cause heavy metal poisoning. More information available here: http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/matches/ We can see a wide array of symptoms from vomiting and diarrhea to organ failure and death. It would be a good idea to take him to the ER to have him evaluated for the match consumption, if nothing else, only because of the grave risks involved if he did eat them. If not, he should not suffer any ill effects aside from a GI upset from the soap ingestion.
Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.