PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Came home and it looks like my husky ate 2 small bars of

Customer Question

Came home and it looks like my husky ate 2 small bars of soap and maybe a couple matches.. wondering if I should take him to a emergency vet. He is just quiet no vomiting
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your husky will be able to digest that. What is the husky's name and age?
Customer: his name is ***** ***** is 4
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Domino?
Customer: he is just getting over a rattlesnake bite a wk ago he was treated for that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

The soap itself is likely to cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. However, the matches can cause heavy metal poisoning. More information available here: http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/matches/ We can see a wide array of symptoms from vomiting and diarrhea to organ failure and death. It would be a good idea to take him to the ER to have him evaluated for the match consumption, if nothing else, only because of the grave risks involved if he did eat them. If not, he should not suffer any ill effects aside from a GI upset from the soap ingestion.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy