Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My ferry is acting very funny I went to take her out of her

Customer Question

My ferry is acting very funny I went to take her out of her cage and instead of poking her head up like normal and coming up to the door she just stayed in her hammock and I had to pick her up she is very lethargic
And is walking weird she is not really walking at all but when she does her back is haunched and when I gave her a towel to lay on she keeps her back end on a hump in the towel and then uses her front feet to keep herself level she is drinking good but not touching her food to much she's just sleeping now but I'm getting worried
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Any retching, gagging, lip licking or vomiting?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?