Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate

Two weeks ago my ferret had gland infection. We took m to

Customer Question

Two weeks ago my ferret had gland infection. We took him to our vet. They fixed the gland infection and put into him an implant for hormone purposes. My ferret was on antibiotics for a week but the last course day he started to vomit out everything. We took him to vet and they gave him antiacid liquid. HE did not like it and vomit it out. Then he dehydrated. We went to see a vet yesterday. They gave him fluids under the skin, pain killers,antivomiting injection and antiacid injection. We are continuing to do it at home. However, vet gave us some protein food. This morning our ferret seem cold and his stomatch is very stiff.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your ferret eat anything unusual?
Customer: No
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the ferret's name and age?
Customer: Greg, 3 years and a half
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Greg?
Customer: We suppose to give him antivomiting injection today but we are scared as his stomach is very stiff and he is very cold and shaking. Now we are trying to keep him warm. We are not sure if we suppose to feed him.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I'm sorry for the delay in receiving a response to your question. Do you still need assistance with Greg? If so, can you update me on his condition?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello. It is too late. He passed away last night.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello. It is too late. He passed away last night.Lina

Lina, I am so sorry to hear this. I will have customer service process a refund for you.