Dani Rabwin
Dani Rabwin,
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Broadway Pet Hospital
94504053

My dog has not been eating past couple of weeks we were

Customer Question

My dog has not been eating for the past couple of weeks we were feeding her blue buffalo and always loved her food. Now we have to feed her wet dog food if she even eat it. We have noticed she is losing weight but today she was fine this morning but tonight she can barely stand up with her back legs. We don't think she are anything toxic.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what your dog ate?
Customer: We haven't see her eat anything tha she is not allowed
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 7 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I'm a small animal veterinarian and I'm happy to help with your dog. What is her name? What is her age and breed? How long have her symptoms been going on? Has there been any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing? Please give me some additional information and I'll be happy to help.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Her name is ***** ***** are not sure her age. They believe she is 6-8 years old. Symptoms of not eating maybe 1 month off and on. Yes she has had always had an issue with vomitting but never not are her food. Randomly would throw up a yellow substance but nose would be cold. Though we have noticed past few days she is shaking really bad randomly.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She is pitpull and lab mix.

Ok thanks for the additional information about June. Is she trying to use her back legs but can't? Or does she just seem very weak? Can you lift her lip and see if her gums are pink?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
she tries to use her back legs. She just seems very weak. She refuses to walk unless we take her out and then she looks like she is drunk very wobly. Her gums are somewhat pink with some white.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She doesn't seem to be in pain when we touch her legs.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello?

Her symptoms concern me that she may get worse over night. Are you able to take her in to an emergency clinic tonight? I am concerned that she may be weak from anemia or blood loss, dehydration, an internal problem with her liver or kidneys, or even a neurological problem with her spine that is causing her weakness.

Please let me know if an ER vet clinic is an option tonight, and if you have any other questions.

And please make sure to rate me when you're satisfied with the service you've received as this is the only way I am compensated for my time. Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We live in very small town emergency vet clinic not an opition

Ok then I recommend trying to get some liquid in to her tonight to help with hydration. Try offering chicken broth, liquid from a can of tuna mixed with water, etc. Also, can you take her temperature rectally?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have a themoter to do that but i gave her some water. She drank some but I'll try some chicken broth

Ok then try and keep her comfortable tonight, offer liquids, and then you can get her to the vet in the morning.

I hope she does well!