Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate

I have the sweetest cutest pit alive. She is now 11 years

Customer Question

i have the sweetest cutest pit bull alive. She is now 11 years old, and I'm very scared. She started vomitting a few days ago and without even eating anything, like 7 times, so I called the vet and she told me to give her a pepcid in a treat. Well, she threw that up and so the vet came out here and gave her a catheter of fluids and some anti-nausea something. She just seemed the same, not throwing up tho, but just looking miserable and couldn't even jump up on the couch or bed and she's normally pretty active. I've notice her sleep more and be more lazy the past year or so, but never this bad. When she wouldn't eat still i took her to the vet for tests. She has a low temp., was still dehyrdated, and they kept her overnight to give her IV fludids. I"ve never seen her so weak and sick looking and it scares me to death. She's never been sick reallly before. What should I brace myself for being wrong with her? It's killing me
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

What tests has her vet done? What findings have they made?

What drugs is she being treated with just now alongside the IV fluids?

Have her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

Did she have any belly discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?