Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My dog pokey is a chow chow and 13 years old. He recently

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my dog pokey is a chow chow and 13 years old. He recently started having trouble standing and walking. It came on very suddenly...in the past 30 days.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Nothing on his feet. I have actually checked his back and legs...he doesn't whine or whimper when I touch him. He's just very unsteady
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pokey?
Customer: He did have cancer three years ago...a tumor on his front paws. But that was treated successfully with radiation.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

Is there any head tilt?

Is he walking like Drunk?

Do his eyes dart?

Any Nausea?

Did it come on suddenly?

Joan