Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

One swollen eye, slight drainage, I've used warm salt water

Customer Question

One swollen eye, slight drainage, I've used warm salt water compresses, pet-saline sterile rinse, virus pills. No worse but no better. I have no money for vet. Live on social security.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: 10 month old rescue cat.
JA: OK. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Tracker. Very lively happy male. Has had all shots. Is "fixed". Inside cat. Rescued at birth.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tracker?
Customer: All else very good. This eye happened when his companion, an older female left, as I was cat-sitting her for several months.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to try and help you with this.....this could be many things but most likely is viral induced.

I would try lysine chews and DMG liquid which you can get online. These will help with immune support. If I am right your kitty should start getting better in several weeks. Make sure you give at least 500 mg of lysine daily. Also give 1/2 ml orally of the DMG daily everyday.

I hope this helps you. Sincerely, ***** ***** me know if you have additional questions.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question as I am happy to answer any follow up questions. Thank you very much!

Please note that the information I provide is intended as general information only and not intended to replace the advice of your veterinary professional.

Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.

I would greatly appreciate a rating. Thank you very much. DRB