Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Previous Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

Where can I get info on veterinary record keeping course

Customer Question

Where can I get info on veterinary record keeping course online
Category: Pet
Expert:  Candy replied 4 months ago.

Veterinarians do not have record keeping like is done in the human medical field. In the Veterinary field records are managed mainly by the vets and vet techs and in small ways by the receptionist. Many of the smaller vets offices will hire receptionists with much or even any experience so that they can train them personally. If you have any customer service experience then you could see if any of your local vets are hiring. If none are hiring they may be looking for volunteers which would at the least get your foot in the door and let you begin seeing how things work.

The other options would be to take a Vet assistant course online or even start taking online courses for Veterinary Technician. Many of the Technician courses will allow the first year or two online but they will require that you find a clinic to do hands on work as well.

I am not sure if this is the answer you were looking for. If not please give me a little more details and I will be happy to continue.

Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue. If you have no additional questions please take a few minutes to provide a rating so that I am compensated by justanswer for assisting you today.