Dwight Alleyne
Dwight Alleyne ,
Experience:  Veterinary Associate at Acres Mill Veterinary Clinic

My dog , has a cloudy eye and it happened in a day : 1 year

Customer Question

My dog , has a cloudy eye and it happened in a day
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. How old is,?
Customer: 1 year old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about,?
Customer: I dont see any injury
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dwight Alleyne replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Is there any redness or discharge associated with the eye?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
just turned grey today. yesterday it looked like she may have been hit by a tail but nothing serious just blinking, today its starting to look grey

Was she hit by a tail from another dog? Does her vision seem to be affected? Are you able to provide a picture? I know sometimes injuries to the surface of the eye or the cornea can cause the eye to become cloudy temporarily. Sometimes topical eye medications may be needed if it persists.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that is what i am thinking, maybe she was hit by a tail by our other dog but , she still blinks when we move our finger towards that eye
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
getting a picture

OK thanks. I will await the picture. It does appear that her vision is not impacted which is a good thing.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
she keeps closing her eye, not getting any pictures. Do you think it may be allergies or does it have to do with her possibly being pregnant

The only way I could relate it too allergies is if the allergies caused her eye to itch and she scratched her cornea causing it to turn grey. Pregnancy usually does not cause any changes with the eyes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hey eyelids look a bit swollen
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do u think if we wait until monday for her vet appt, anything worse can happen

If there is no active discharge, and it does not seem to be any worse then what you are describing now then you could wait until Monday. But if you notice that the eye is getting redder and there is discharge, or it seems to bother her more, then I wouldn't wait.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns

In advance, Thanks for giving a rating! Ratings are how I receive credit for helping you today and help me better serve customers in the future.

If you need further assistance for this problem before or after rating feel free to ask a follow up and I'll be
glad to help.

Thanks Dr. Alleyne