Experience:  Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology.

Pet Insurance with preexisting conditions

Customer Question

Pet Insurance for pets with preexisting conditions
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

Can you better explain your question?

What is the preexisting condition?

I will see if I can assist you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you Joan.We are in VA. We currently use Banfield for our Yorkie, KoKo.
We have only recently learned that he has diabetes]
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
far what Banfield doesn't cover is extremely expensive. Not to mention medication.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
KoKo is 12 yrs old.
And the (fuzzy) love our my life.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

There are a lot of Pet insurances out on the Market. I use ASPCA Pet insurance for my own dogs. They do cover a lot including preexisting conditions, but in order to cover. They have a waiting period and this is true with most of the pet insurances. They also have various levels of coverage and various deductables. My Dog broke her leg as a Puppy and after the waiting period they took care of all medications and treatments after deductable. The key to buying insurance is to call and talk to them personally and have them go over the policies and what they offer. It is a comparison as far as your needs.

This link goes over what they rate as the top 10 best:

This is the one I have used for years with my Big Girl:

This is Healthy Paws Pet Insurance which is rated the Top Insurance:

Over all I suggest you take time and call a few and compare according to the needs

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Joan.
I was looking for Insurance to cover the preexisting cover, not preventive or shots update
I have that with BanfieldYour answer so for as I can see, doesn't answer my question.
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

They all will cover Preexisting conditions, but have a waiting period. That is the problem. I will opt out and see if someone else can assist you.

Expert:  CVT_in_MN replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question.

Unfortunately, there is no pet insurance that covers pre-existing conditions.

I have Nationwide Pet Insurance personally, and here's what they say about it:

I wish there was a company that covers pre-existing issues, but currently there's not.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
On a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the highest/best; I rate my answer a 2

What other information were you looking for? You asked about insurances that cover preexisting conditions...none do. If your issue is concerns about paying for her treatments, There are some organizations that might be able to help. If you'll follow these links: ,, you'll find dozens and dozens of organizations that may be able to help pay for you to take your dog to the vet. Also, there are some clinics who offer free exams and other treatments and require that you only pay for medications. If you'll follow this link: , you can see if there is one in your area.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My answer was for the 1st Joan.I have no proof that the 2nd expert is correct or in correct, just her word and no other doccumentaction.Please provide documentation.

I did provide you with a link to an insurance company that says that there are no insurance companies that will cover preexisting conditions.

However, here are more:
Nationwide Pet Insurance:

Embrace Pet Insurance:

ASPCA Pet Insurance:

Trupanion Pet Insurance:

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance:

As you can see...every one of them states that there are no pet insurances that cover preexisting conditions.