Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Experience:  40 yrs.: herps, pocket pets, rabbits, poultry, dogs, horses. Biology degree. Vet assistant.
6012901

Ear infection. On antibiotics and has been days. How will it

Customer Question

Ear infection. On antibiotics and has been for five days. How long will it be before improvement is seen?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm trying to find the right Veterinarian for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: Thank you
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A rabbit Netherlands dwarf and weighs about 2 1/2 lbs
JA: OK. There are all sorts of infestations Netherlands can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Netherlands?
Customer: She is on emfloflaxin not sure how to spell it. She initially was treated in May with a shot and then 20 days of antibiotics. After she finished that course the infection returned in about six days
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with over 40 years of experience raising and showing rabbits - including the Netherland dwarf. I'm sorry to hear of this problem.In the case of a simple ear infection, the antibiotics should have cleared it up by now. Something else may be going on. Will you tell me what symptoms you are seeing - head tilted to one side, shaking the head, falling over, discharge from the ears, etc.?If you are asked to rate my service, please don't do that just yet since we are only beginning. Thank you.