PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

How do I dose fish-cin pound Shih Tzus we have 3 all

Customer Question

how do I dose fish-cin for 12 pound Shih Tzus we have 3 all diagnosed with scabies as well as myself from the skin scrapes the vet did transmitted by a wonderful shelter adoption next door I'm on a z pack and cleaning everything! just need to get the babies on a protocol
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hi Jody, thanks for your question.

Clindamycin dosing information is available here: http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/prescription/clindamycin-antirobe The dosing is 5mg/pound, so 60mg every 12 hours for each pet.

However, Clindamycin alone does not treat the scabies mite but bacterial infections that follow. You'll need to employ another treatment. There are LOTS available on the market. You can learn about each of them here: http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2111&aid=764 perhaps the easiest is Revolution.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.