PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I'm fostering a cat and the sweetheart completely ripped my

Customer Question

Hi. I'm fostering a cat and the sweetheart completely ripped my window screen and I'm concerned she might have eaten a bit of it. I don't think she ate that much because I was there but there was tiny 1cm wire screen pieces all over my carpet. should I be concerned?
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

Most cats won't swallow pieces of screen like this, but its good to keep an eye out for any vomiting or diarrhea that might occur. Adding some fiber to her food like pure canned pumpkin should help any bits of screen that she swallowed pass right through with her regular food.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Checking in. How is your companion feeling today?