Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My dog has been having difficulty walking. The nd legs seem

Customer Question

My dog has been having difficulty walking. The hind legs seem to give- they extended out when she tries to move. At first I thought she was slipping on the floor because of long nails. She also has been obsessively chewing on the paws at various times. She does not appear to be in pain. Eating well. No other issues.
JA: My toenails are my secret shame. We will not discuss them further. I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: None
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: 14 years old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: I don't wish to share her name
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: No. Really been in good health generally over the years
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dwight Alleyne replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long has this been going on for? What type of dog is she?