Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish

I have a 2-yr old Holland lop bunny. Last night, he kept

Customer Question

I have a 2-yr old Holland lop bunny. Last night, he kept putting his front feet in his water bowl. We gave him water through a serenge, and this morning, he was bouncing around and seemed fine. He has not gone to the bathroom in two days. Now he's doing the same thing and just lying there lifeless. No one in my area sees bunny rabbits. Can you tell me what to do. My name is ***** *****
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.

Has the he eaten anything at all?

Expert:  Joan replied 4 months ago.

We need to get some food and fluids going in. This Rabbit is in GI Stasis. It is known as the Silent killer. We need to give the Rabbit some Simethicone 1-2 cc each hour for 3 hours and then start some emergency feeding. Please take some Pedialyte and mix with water to dilute it. Then grind some Pellets into a fine powder and mix together and start syringe feeding allowing her to swallow in between. We need to get gut going. Gently massage the abdomen to help with any trapped gas. This is information on GI Stasis:

It is imperative you start these measures immediately, or you can loose the rabbit. Please supply a State and let me see if I can find a Rabbit svay Vet or a zip code for an ER Vet.