Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate

Nail bed is pink but the nail is intact and looks fine.

Customer Question

Nail bed is pink but the nail is intact and looks fine. Should I be concerned?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: 5 year old Golden Retriever
JA: OK. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the golden retriever?
Customer: She has occasional seizures. 3 in 2 years.
JA: Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Has she damaged the nail or nail bed?

Is she licking the area?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.