Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech
Experience:  Owner and Operator with 15yrs experience with degrees.

Squeegees are used to clean the dog kennels at our local

Customer Question

Squeegees are used to clean the dog kennels at our local animal shelter. I buy these to donate to the shelter. However, they don't last a long time and when they wear out they are thrown away. This is a waste of money as the handles are useless and they get tossed out also. What I want to know is if you make replacement heads for these squeegees which would be much cheaper to purchase as needed. There would be much less waste if this was possible. Since the facility is a low or no kill shelter it depends on donations from supporters only so there is a tight budget for supplies. I personally try to keep them supplied with some of the equipment needed out of my pocket and since I am on a fixed income it can get expensive. The shelter is the Franklin County Humane Society. Thank you for any help you can give.
Sue Hartman, Volunteer/supporter
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hi Sue. O-cedar does make replacement squeegee heads and they're pretty reasonably priced, too.

If these fail to serve the purpose that you like, I would look at Amazon. They have some options that are made to fit a universal handle (like that of a broom) so you could not only swap them in and out, as needed, but could easily part two together to make one, as needed. I use these in our rescue kennels and like the option. They also have some super heavy duty metal scrubby brushes that work well on concrete floors to get up ground in materials that otherwise could not be easily rinsed out.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.

Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

The best squeeges are these, they withstand abuse and will last a long long time with a good handle. Check out all there squeeges they are the best of the best!

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Also here is a link to there commercial ones

CLICK HERE and you can buy handles there too!

Hi, Sue. Checking back in to see if you have any questions regarding the O-cedar squeegee replacement heads?

Hey Sue I was just checking back with you if you got my links.