Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My pot belly pig is about 5 months she is limping on her

Customer Question

My pot belly pig is about 5 months she is limping on her left front leg she is eating and wallowing in the mud..can I give her baby aspirin
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wound
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the pig's name?
Customer: Phoebe
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Phoebe?
Customer: She was running hard yesterday
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. In regards ***** ***** question, as long as Phoebe is eating, has no other health issues, and isn't on any other medications; then we can give a low dose of buffered Aspirin to try to address any muscle strains/sprains here. In regards ***** ***** she can have 10mg per kilogram of her weight every 12-24 hours. Of course, along with this, we'd want to make sure she is well rested (no running, climbing, or jumping on things). Though if she isn't showing positive progress in 24-48 hours, then we'd want a check with her vet to ensure there are no other issues (ie hair line fractures, tendon damage, etc) has occurred that need further treatment. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )