Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

We have a 3 to 4 week old rescue kitten - I was feeding her

Customer Question

We have a 3 to 4 week old rescue kitten - I was feeding her and from a bottle and she bit part of the nipple off and swallowed it - she used the litter box after her feeding and has been playing and did take more KMR but I feel just sick with worry
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the kitten will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?
Customer: She is healthy as my daughter brought her in gor a check up on Wednesday she does use the litter box and that makes me think she's closer to 4 weeks old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dwight Alleyne replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long ago did she swallow a piece of the nipple? Was her stool normal when she went to the litter box?