Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

He has had diarrhea since last monday. We gave him hamburger

Customer Question

He has had diarrhea since last monday. We gave him hamburger and rice for a few days and weened him off slowly sice his poos was becoming more solid. He had ok poop this morning and early afternoon and just now he had diarreah again but other than that he seems totally normal
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Red Lab, 3 years old
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: 85 pounds and in good shape
JA: What is the's name?
Customer: Mojo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mojo?
Customer: He ws just vaccinated a bit before this started happening and he developed some bumps under his chin so he was prescribed antibiotics, he was on them for 2 days and then the diarreah started so I took him off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) What food are you working to wean him onto? 2) Can you describe what method you're using to switch him to the new food?3) Is he on any medications currently? 4) Any vomiting? 5) Any blood in the stool?