Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My guinea has been sitting in one spot and doesnt seem to want

Customer Question

My guinea has been sitting in one spot and doesnt seem to want to move. When he gets up to drink he is very shaky. Help!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the guinea's name and age?
Customer: His name is***** don't know his age he was given to me by someone else who had taken him in. I would guess somewhere around 5 years.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Guinness Finnigan?
Customer: He hasnt been eating to well since hes having trouble moving. I put some lettuce in front of his face and he was munching but very slowly
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Anna replied 11 months ago.
Hello,I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with over 40 years of experience raising guinea pigs and rabbits. I'm sorry to hear of this problem.If you still need help, some additional information will be useful. What do you normally feed him - both basics and treats? How long has he been sick? When he does try to move, do his hind legs not work properly? Does he kind of hop, or does he drag them? Thank you. Anna