Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate

My guinea pig is being very lethargic and she's just laying

Customer Question

My guinea pig is being very lethargic and she's just laying down, she'll get up and switch sides but thats it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your guinea pig. What is the guinea pig's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she's 4
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tootsie?
Customer: Ive gotten her to drink a little water and a small piece of lettuce. She hasn't pooped in a while but she has tinkled
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in small animals.Can you tell me what normal diet is?Do you give any supplements?Is she tooth grinding?How long has she not been eating or passing stool?Joan