Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.

My pig just sits on it but. Drags its self around with

Customer Question

Hello. My pig just sits on it but. Drags its self around with its front legs. I checked her back and her back legs. They are in tacked.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. I worry that your gal has suffered either trauma to the back or rear legs or has developed an infection within the spinal cord causing a lack of nerve supply to her rear legs. The best thing you can do for her now is to give her aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hr to reduce this inflammation that may be blocking the nerve supply to her rear legs. I would also recommend that you cover her with an antibiotic such as Penicillin , available at the farm supply. While doing this, use a towel to get her legs up off the ground and walk her wheelbarrow style every 4-6 hrs. This will help the nerve supply and circulation to be established so this is not permanent. If there is no improvement, you will have to have your vet examine your gal in case we missed something. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Hi Johnathon,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?