Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My dwarf rabbits is ten weeks old and has a broken ear thanks

Customer Question

My dwarf rabbits is ten weeks old and has a broken ear thanks to daughter's friend What can I do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the rabbit's name?
Customer: Ruby
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ruby?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B and would like to help you today. Now unfortunately ears are rigid due to cartilage as opposed to bone. This means that if the cartilage is damaged from a severe bend it is not likely to be repairable in the way a broken bone could be set and heal. That said, cartilage damage tends to only have cosmetic implications and rabbits often have no long term issues when an ear is damaged in this manner. Though I would note thay if the bend is not severe, the ear could be splinted to give it a chance to settle. This can be done with careful bandaging ( ideally by your vet to ensure no damage to the blood vessels and delicate skin on the ear) and would be an option if the bend is mild.Please take care,Dr. B