Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

I have a two year lop french lop rabbit, that has suddenly

Customer Question

i have a two year lop french lop rabbit, that has suddenly started splaying his back legs out and his eyes and issuing a white discharge, he can move and does hop around, eating and drinking and and litter habits all remain unchanged. has also lost a lost of weight.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: not one on foot but does have a scabbed over spot on top of head
JA: What is the rabbit's name?
Customer: Ed
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ed?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I have paid the fee it has been several hours now
Expert:  Anna replied 8 months ago.
Hello,I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. I suspect the reason no one had any advice for you is that your rabbit needs to be seen and treated by a hands on vet. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with over 40 years of experience raising rabbits. I'm sorry to hear that Ed is having some difficulties. I may be able to help you figure out what is wrong.If you still need help, some additional information will be useful. Do Ed's eyes move back and forth or up and down rapidly? Look closely at his head. Is it tilted a bit to one side? Is there anything in his environment that he could have fallen from? How is his appetite? Thank you.