PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

I have a baby rabbit that I found in my back yard, don,t know

Customer Question

I have a baby rabbit that I found in my back yard, don,t know where it came from or how it got there. It's eyes are open, i do not know when it was last fed or anything. How doi I care for this baby?
Thank you,
Irene in Ga.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Good morning, JACustomer. Thank for your question. Many times the mother is very close to the nest and does leave the rabbits alone. Here are some guidelines on knowing whether or not a rabbit is abandoned: These little ones are extremely difficult to hand raise without experience, so my recommendation would be to find a wildlife rehabber in your area. I can help you with this if you will provide me with your city, state and zip code. Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? If you have other questions, please reply and I’ll help you further.Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, I will not be compensated for helping you today.
Please let me know if you have other questions I can answer for you on this topic.