Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish

She is bleeding from down JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What

Customer Question

She is bleeding from down
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Hemster
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: Yes it is dwarf hemster
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the animal?
Customer: I already visited a vet and she said that she is bleeding from Volga . So it might be infection or cancer. So gave antibiotic and last few days were okay. Today I saw little blood again
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
today she is little active so not sure if blood is because of that
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would love to assist you.The fact the Vet said she is bleeding from the Vulva and it could be an infection or cancer. The hamster would need further tests. The infection may be a Pyometra which is where the infection in the uterus, which is usually treated with an antibiotic and spaying. Cancer is very hard to treat in Hamsters and very common in small rodents. You could go back to the Vet and have more tests done. If a Pyometra they could try a different antbiotic, but generally treatment in a larger animal is a spay. If cancer you would have to speak with an oncologist, but treatment is very expensive. Hamsters life span is very short at 1 1/2 years to 2 years. I am afraid there is no at home treatment.Joan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
At the time of visit she said that if we had to diagnose this further than go to a expert Doctor.
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
Yes, a cancer specialist is an Oncologist if it is cancer and an internal specialist if a Pyometra. The could do an Xray that may show if it is a Pyometra. The thing is that seeing an other Veterinary Specialist can be very expensive, so the decision is yours. If you want to get the proper diagnosis, the a Veterinary specialist would be needed.J