Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

MY RABBIT IS FEMALE AND ABOUT 6 MONTHS OLD. SHE IS GOINC

Customer Question

MY RABBIT IS FEMALE AND ABOUT 6 MONTHS OLD. SHE IS GOINC CRAZY IN HER RUN, CLIMBING UP THE METAL BRAS AND MAKING GRUNTING SOUNDS. IF I LET HER OUT SHE JUST CLIMBS UP MY LEGS MAKING THE GRUNTING SOUNDS, IS TIPPING HER FOOD OUT, AND GENERALLY GOING BALLISTIC. SHE WAS QUIET AND NORMAL UNTIL ABOUT 3 DAYS AGO, BUT SUDDENLY IS THE BUNNY FROM HELL. IS THERE A SIMPLE ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM? SHE SEEMS VERY DISTURBED. HELP
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
she ate some plastic about 4 days ago from the side of a plastic storage bag under the bed. She grooms a great deal, could she have fur balls, she doesn't cough. She is trying to push her metal run over and has become unclean and is peeing on the mat in her run instead of her litter box. She does spend a lot of time alone recently. She will not eat hay at all. She is refusing her bunny pellets but will still eat vegetables. She will no longer chew on her wood play toys, i.e. a stick and a wooden toy.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where do I get laxatives for her?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 7 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. I am so sorry that it has taken so long to answer your question. This sounds serious for your gal since she is acting up, trying to get comfortable. If there is an intestinal obstruction from the plastic that she ingested, the best thing to do is to give her mineral oil, 1 cc every 4 hrs. This will help anything that could be stuck in her tract to move. If this is not enough, then your vet will have ot examine your gal since this may require surgery. Good luck! Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Hi Stedphanie,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Yoda. How is everything going?

lpotts1594