Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My dog wants to cuddle and doesn't understand why I wont pick

Customer Question

My dog wants to cuddle and doesn't understand why I wont pick him up, but he has a flea collar on him and I don't want the toxins getting on my clothing or skin. When can I remove the collar?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Poncho, he's about 6 and half, but he doesn't have fleas yet, we just put it on him because my other dog, jake who is 8, had a few fleas found him.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jake?
Customer: Well he is on meds for seizures and thyroid issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) What type of collar are you using? 2) How long has it been on?