Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience in emergency, surgery and medicine

I just noticed my hamster is limping on her back left paw.JA:

Customer Question

i just noticed my hamster is limping on her back left paw.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no there isn't
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the hamster's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is about two months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Twinkie?
Customer: No there isn't
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 5 months ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this little one's situation. When a hamster starts to limp, probably the number one cause is them injuring it. Could she have gotten it stuck somewhere in the cage and injured it? Could something have fallen on it and injured it? With either of these situations, the best thing that can be done is time and rest. Making sure everything in the cage is easily accessible so she doesn't have to move around a whole lot. Removing toys or things that she can play on should be done to hopefully encourage her to take it easy. Could there be an infection that caused this or a wound? If another hamster is in the cage, then this would be a chance. I would monitor the leg for any swelling or discharge. If these are seen, then a trip to the vet would be a good idea as a course of antibiotics would be good.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for all of your help.
I'm glad to help. How is the little one doing at this time?