Dr. Gary, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have an appointment to my vet but just driving me for

Customer Question

I have an appointment to my vet but just driving me nuts for now not knowing if it's serious. I found a hard like knot on my dogs stomach it's not visible it seems like its on the inside but feels very hard and small
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the knot's name and age?
Customer: Zoey and she's 7
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zoey?
Customer: She's part Lab and a little overweight so she has the usual fatty growths but this is the first hard knot that I have found
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. It's going to be difficult to know what this is without a needle aspirate to get some cells. That will likely be their first step in determining if this is anything serious. There are many different types of masses- both benign and cancerous- that can cause small firm nodules.If this is a small mast cell tumor or soft tissue sarcoma, the sooner we catch them and remove them, the better. We can cure cancer with surgery if they are small. If it's just a lipoma that is intertwined in muscle, then we can usually just ignore it. That goes for any benign tumors. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.
You're welcome.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?