Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate

I am caring baby raccoons. They are about four

Customer Question

Hi. I am caring for two baby raccoons. They are about four weeks old. One of them cannot use his front legs. They appear to be somewhat paralyzed and he just pushes himself around. He appears to be healthy otherwise. We are feeding him Ebsilac. They have been constipated and we've been giving them prune juice with probiotics for babies to try and help with the constipation and using small slivers of glycerin suppositories. Don't know if any of this is he cause.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Their appetites are good. I don't have much other information. This happened progressively and was not a problem when they were found. Their mother abnabdoned them in an attic. I was surprised how clean they were. No fleas, no ticks and they were very clean. I've had hem since they were a week old
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ yeas with interest in exotics. All I was going to say is these Raccoons need a rehabber to assist you. They carry Raccoon round worms as weel as some other Diseases, that should be addressed with someone with Experience