Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate

I have a 16 yr old kitty who had colon surgery two weeks

Customer Question

I have a 16 yr old kitty who had colon surgery two weeks tomorrow to remove backed up stool. He just now moved off the pad where he was lying and there was a pinkish bloody place. I first thought it was from his urine and then when I rolled him on his back it's coming from where they cut him open, It all slimy and whitish looking and oozing out, he wants to wash it. There is kind of a bulged spot and I don't know what to do. He hasn't been active at all today and wouldn't eat,didn't act like he felt good and grunting like in pain. I can't get the vet that did the surgery to answer her phone or return the phone call. I also tried contacting other vets where I live but they were pretty rude and said they were not going to make an emergency vet call when they didn't do the surgery, even though he needs help. What do I do? Please oh please help/
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hi, JACustomer. I am here to assist. Can you tell me more? 1) What day did Socks have surgery? 2) Do you have a picture of this area? 3) Is he currently on any antibiotics or was an antibiotic shot like Convenia given to him at the time of surgery?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't mean to be rude but I asked to talk to a cat specialist not a nurse.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A vet please
I can opt out and hopefully a vet will be on to assist you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can someone on this site please help me. My cat is grunting in pain and the incision has stuff running from it still. I don't know what to do and CAN'T get any vet here to see him.
Expert:  Rebeccavet replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I just came online and saw your question. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian. How is he this morning? The vet who did the surgery should want to see this incision. At my clinic, if there is a problem with the incision we want to see it, and we do not charge for looking at a surgery we did. Is he eating today? Can you take his temperature with a thermometer?
Expert:  Rebeccavet replied 5 months ago.
How is your cat today?