Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My rabbit seems to be off. She is a spayed 6 year old

Customer Question

My rabbit seems to be off. She is a spayed 6 year old Holland Lop,she weighs probably about 3.5 pounds. Yesterday I noticed that she was a little tired but today I caught her napping off and on more than usual for her. It wasn't just a regular nap, it was a deep sleep,you could tell that she was dreaming. This evening I picked her up and loved on her and noticed that she sounds a tad off. She's always been a fairly vocal rabbit with grunts and such. Her voice sounds a little off for her. She looks very tired.
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I gave her a small dose of Critical Care
Expert:  Anna replied 8 months ago.
Hello,I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with over 40 years experience raising and showing rabbits (Holland lops for many of those years). I'm sorry to hear of this problem. If you still need help, some additional information will help me determine what steps you should take. Is your rabbit eating any of her normal foods? Is she passing normal droppings? Thank you. Anna