Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My duck who is 6 weeks old has an injured leg or foot. The

Customer Question

My duck who is 6 weeks old has an injured leg or foot. The foot seems fine, her leg is warm to the touch at the top where it enters her body
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: yes, her foot looks fine, I think she may have been running from a child.
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do.
Customer: she is baring some weigh on it, and eating and drinking
JA: What is the duck's name?
Customer: miss dumpty
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your duck?
Customer: I can't think of any
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) When did this injury happen? 2) Are you seeing limping, waddling or favoring of the limb?