Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

My dog is having problems walking, we originally thought she

Customer Question

my dog is having problems walking, we originally thought she ingested antifreeze however we had blood work done and it was good except she is dehydrated shes not eating to speak of or drinking
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: this has gone on for a week shes a pitbull 5 years old not spayed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pet Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she vomited last nite and #3days ago she pooped in our bed during the night. got up and urinated on the floor. she does not have a temperature. very lethargic. I didnt find any spot on her body that would giving her pain
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank-you for requesting me. I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.Did the Vet suggest what the problem might be or give any medications?What is the Normal diet?Doe she have any vaginal discharge?When was her last heat?I may have more questions for you but I will start with these.Joan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO MEDS, DIDNT SUGGEST ANYTHING JUST TRY HYDRATE HER, AND IF NOT BETTER SHE NEEDS TO SEE A VET. DRY DOG FOOD ABOUT OVER 2 CUPS, ONCE A DAY SOME PEOPLE FOOD. NO DISCHARGE. LAST HEAT WAS IN THE FALL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I would like you to start her on some Pedialyte diluted with some plain low salt chicken broth Give a little once an hour, I would also like you to try giving her 1 Pepcid Ac 10mg to settle the stomach every 12 hours. this will help settle her stomach. We need to allow the stomach to rest for 24 hours before feeding. When you do try to feed, please give her 1 part boiled chicken breast no skin and 3 parts cooked white rice. This is gentle on the stomach ad should help. Being not spayed is concerning since that can lead to problems like an open or closed Pyometra which is a severe uterine infection, It could be a tick born infection, a Middle ear infection. She needs a good hands on exam to determine where the problem is stemming from. Please let me know what color her gums are Let me know if they are Pale, Red, ect. she may have gotten into another toxin. Try hydrating whit the pedialyte and broth and she how she is doing. Over all I urge you to have her seen asap. Please do let me know gum color if white, it can mean anemia and can also be part of what is happening.Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
How is your dog doing? Wanted to check in.Joan