Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Similar problem, my husband and I gave our dog cephalexin 750

Customer Question

Similar problem, my husband and I gave our dog cephalexin 750 mg each so total is (1500mg). Our dog weighs 68 lbs.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes she had oral surgery to remove some foxtail.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pet Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. John replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you are concerned about toxicity issues, there shouldn't be a problem here. It is possible that she may have some gastrointestinal upset (i.e.; vomiting, diarrhea or lack of appetite) because of the higher dosage, but you not see any issues at all. It should be okay to monitor her tonight and continue on her regular dose when it is due next. If for some reason she has A LOT of vomiting (1-2 episodes is not a concern), bloody stools or lack of appetite for more than a day; I would alert your vet and get her seen. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps. My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.
Expert:  Dr. John replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. John