Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Our hamster is shaking and barely walking. She yelped when

Customer Question

Our hamster is shaking and barely walking. She yelped when i touched her
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the hamster's name and age?
Customer: Hammy Mammy and is 1 year
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: How long has she had these signs?Any history of falls, injury, or trauma?Does she drag or limp on any leg?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We just noticed the signs this morning. No falls or anything. It just seems that she is in pain and shakes when she moves
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you,I have to say that I am quite worried about your wee one.These signs, even without a known injury, are all red flags of pain as you have appreciated. Since there are no external changes, we'd be worried about severe bruising or even a pelvic fracture from a trauma or a possible internal issues like a gut twist or blockage. Unfortunately, in this case, there will not be much you can do at home since our OTC pain relief options are not hamster safe. Therefore, this is a situation where we would need her to her vet urgently for injectable pain relief. And depending on their exam findings, she may just need a course of pain relief to help settle her; though there is a risk that one of those other serious issues is afoot where surgery may be indicated or her prognosis too guarded to manage medically. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.