Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

My mouth started tilting its head and walking clumsily. She

Customer Question

My mouth started tilting its head and walking clumsily. She does not appear to have any discharge from her ear. I am not able to take her to a vet. Is it possible to treat this at? My mouse started tilting its head and walking clumsily. She does not appear to have any discharge from her ear. I am not able to take her to a vet.
Category: Pet
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Mistype- my mouse
Expert:  Joan replied 7 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in small animals and exotics.What you are describing is a Vestibular issue. This is is when something is affecting the Vestublar apparatus in the middle ear. This is what allows all creatures to walk without falling down. This is most likely an ear infection causing this. There is really no home treatment, since it affects the Middle ear. Usually an antibiotic is given and something to help with the balance. I know you said you cannot get to a Vet, but unfortunately, they are the only ones who can properly treat it. This could be idiopathic Vestibular and could self correct, but that would have to remain to be seen.Joan