Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate

My guinea pig is 6 weeks old and I know this yesterday that

Customer Question

My guinea pig is 6 weeks old and I know this yesterday that she was staying in one place and was not active I picked her up and she felt hot to me and she does not seem to be eating like she should I just got her 4 days ago
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the guinea pig's name?
Customer: Reba
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's about it she doesn't seem to be eating like she should either the
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Can you tell me about Reba's cage setup?2) What diet is she fed? I need to know about fruits, vegetables, pelleted diet and hay. Also, any supplements. Be as detailed as you can. 3) How is her stool?4) Any coughing, sneezing, eye discharge, nose discharge?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Reba's cage has white like filling like paper that Petco gave me to put in the cage and she's eating the hay but not the oranges that she's posting it and she only eats hay and she will not eat the guinea pig food like dog food in her cage her stool seems to be ok
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Her eyes are a little runny
Thanks for the additional information, JACustomer. Can you clarify some points for me? 1) Are you only offering oranges? 2) Are any other fruits or veggies being offered? 3) What type of hay is being used?