PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

I have a rabbit (outdoors) and he has like a sack hanging down

Customer Question

I have a rabbit (outdoors) and he has like a sack hanging down it looks like his testical but he is eating and moves around doesnt look sick but this looks kinda odd
Category: Pet
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hi JACustomer, thanks for your question. Are you only seeing one sack? How old is this rabbit? Is this the first time you have seen this? Do you have a picture to share?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes it is one sack and I have had him for about 8yrs but could be older and yes I have never seen this before all my rabbits are seperated but also not spaded either
Thanks for your reply, JACustomer. Sorry for the delay. It really sounds like you were seeing the scrotum on your boy. If so, this is an entirely normal thing for rabbits. Rabbits have the ability to withdraw their testicles up into their body, which makes seeing testicles from the outside of the rabbit difficult. Because rabbits tend to be more reserved animals, its common for males not to have the testicles present on the outside of the body. This would only happen in the more relaxed individuals. Here are some sources you can check out to see if, indeed, this is what you've seen. If he will permit you, it may be worthwhile to gently palpate the area next time you see it and determine if testicles are present. Sexing video that shows testicles: here: you're seeing something entirely different, please provide a photograph and I'll help you to determine what is present. Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today. Best of luck!