How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joan Your Own Question
Joan, Vet Technician
Category: Pet
Satisfied Customers: 17304
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
Type Your Pet Question Here...
Joan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sugarglider ingested some baking soda what should i do

Customer Question

my sugarglider ingested some baking soda what should i do ?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I just got your questions. Sorry for any delay, since I just came online. Ingestion of large amounts of baking soda can lead to electrolyte abnormalities. A drop in potassium levels, calcium and can cause high sodium, and lead to congestive heart failure or muscle spasms. I suggest getting the Glider into an ER Vet asap and have them monitor and treat as needed.Joan

Related Pet Questions