Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

Have a Boston Terrier that had a seizure almost 2 weeks

Customer Question

Have a Boston Terrier that had a seizure almost 2 weeks ago...he stayed overnight at the vet and never had any since...he was fine and normal for about a week but now he's having some trouble walking with his back legs and seems to be disoriented...any idea what it could be?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the Boston terrier's name?
Customer: Chopper
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chopper?
Customer: Not off the top of my head...he's 8 years old and healthy...we took him back to the vet and they think its a disc issue so they gave him some pain meds...he's def not himself and is lethargic
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pet
Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would love to assist you.

Can you tell me what test have been run on Chopper?

What Medication is he on?

Did the give only Pain Medication or did they give an anti inflammatory?

Joan

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They ran all vital organ tests and his liver number (ALR I think) came down quite a bit...it was 250 and now is 150...just pain I'm pretty sure
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They gave him anti inflammatory medication as well...
Expert:  Joan replied 8 months ago.

If a Disc issue the pain can be very intense and the pain medication can also cause Chopper the appearance of being disoriented. My greatest concern since the seizure last week is he may be having Partial Focal seizures which can also cause him to be disoriented. Not all seizures are gran mal and can manifest themselves in other ways. It may be wise to have him seen by a Veterinary Neurologist and have him looked over. They can address the Seizure as well as a disc issue and get him on a protocol that should help. If the disorientation continues, that would be m choice if he was mine.

Joan